CLTCC participates in state and federal financial aid programs to assist students with their tuition and fees. Financial aid is available to applicants who meet the guidelines.
To apply for federal aid (grants and federal direct student loans) for the upcoming fall semester at CLTCC, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2017-2018 academic year at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
When you are ready to complete the FAFSA, you will need the following information:
- 2015 tax returns and W-2 for student and/or parents (depends on status of student)
- Driver’s License (student)
- Social Security Number for student and/or parents (depends on status of student)
- Date of birth for student and/or parents (depends on status of student)
- You and your parents will have to apply for a FSA ID and password. This will allow you and your parents to sign your FAFSA electronically.
- You will have to enter the Federal School Code for CLTCC on the FAFSA. This is how your information from the FAFSA is shared with CLTCC. The Federal School Code for CLTCC is 005489.
- After you complete the FAFSA, you will receive an email within 24-48 hours to confirm that your FAFSA has been processed. You also will receive a Student Aid Report in the mail to show you the information from your FAFSA. It will take five-to-seven days for your information to load into CLTCC’s database.
- Monitor your LoLa account to find out if you have been selected for verification, or if you need to submit any additional documents.
If you need assistance with the FAFSA, contact the Dept. of Education at 1-800-433-3243. To check the status of your financial aid, log into your LoLa account.
Questions? Contact the CLTCC’s Financial Aid Office at the campus you plan to attend.